Farm Product Development
I worked at Farm Product Development, a product development company focused on the medical industry, for 6 months from July to December in 2016 as a co-op. Over the course of the co-op, I designed and worked on various injection molded and machined parts from concept development to production.
The co-op allowed me to gain experience in higher volume manufacturing design. From the various projects that I worked on, I developed technical skills in GD&T, finite element analysis, design of experiments, 3d modeling, programming, and product data management. Furthermore, I was introduced to different approaches to design such as designing for manufacturability, assembly, and inspection.
The projects mentioned below are not descibed in detail due to proprietary restrictions. Some of the projects on the co-op were are not described due to pending patents.
Blood Sample Collection and Preparation Device
Fixture Design and Documentation
- Designed fixtures to run tests that mimicked product assembly and product use.
- Created documentation such as BOMs, assembly drawings, and part drawings.
- Applied knowledge of GD&T to create part drawings.
- Used PTC Creo to create custom symbols and required datums.
Point of Failure Analysis
- Developed and ran tests to determine leakages in collection device.
- Characterized leakages under different pressures.
- Analyzed squeeze rates from different users to determine typical use cases.
- Wrote detailed testing reports to billion dollar company project leads.
- Introduced the use of embedded 3D models in project reports to Farm.